Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The little book of comfort

My friend Liz, who is much older to us gave me a little book of comfort as a byebye gift since she is leaving Australia to retire in NZ soon.

From that book, I quote these lines, I feel these are the words of my father, unsaid but I know he is saying these to me:

"If ever there's a tomorrow,
when we're not together,
there is something you must
always remember.

You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think,

But the most important thing is,
even if we're apart...
I'll always be with you."

- Christopher Robin to Pooh from A. A. Milne's Winne the Pooh

And these words from Liz, to take comfort in the fact that my father lived a wonderful life, full of life in a lifespan of 55 years. He was loved, adored, the favourite of Aunts, Uncles and cousins and of course his friends, the world over. He was an example to all of us and will be irreplaceable.
Nothing can replace him because he is perhaps not gone from his spot.

Love from Melbourne.


No comments:

Post a Comment